Communication is extremely important for businesses. Many would argue that effective communication is what separates the great companies from those who continue to struggle. Be it networking for the growth of your business or corresponding with your customers regarding transactions, it is of vital importance that you have suitable means of communication and a communication service that you can rely on to be there when you need it.
There are many channels of communication you can use for your business, but it starts with making sure you have the right tools that allows you to communicate efficiently. Many business owners struggle with finding the right phone system to meet their needs. Selecting a phone system can be a confusing and difficult decision for many. After all, there are many options for you to choose from, phone systems like PBX (Private Branch Exchange), KSU (Key System Unit), and also the KSU Less Systems. Before you leap, you should know a few of the useful features for each that will be of advantage to your business. Some of them have been mentioned below:
- Voicemail: If nobody is around to pick up the phone, this feature saves important messages and info from your callers. So, you won’t have to worry about missing that important phone call.
- Integration with Microsoft Exchange Server: This is becoming very important; have your voicemails emailed to your smartphone, and Microsoft Outlook inbox will ensure you can respond quickly to urgent messages.
- Presence: This is another area in communication that is moving ahead rapidly. Seeing when others are online, in meetings or out of the office will allow you to communicate in the most efficient manner, including phone, email or instant messaging.
- Conference Calling: This feature lets you hold conferences with remote employees or customers who are miles away.
- Multiple Lines or Call Waiting: With this feature, your business will be able to take multiple calls at the same time. And if not available, you can also use the call waiting feature that clears the phone line to accommodate each caller.
- Call Attendant: Transfers calls to a different extension to direct the call to the department or person.
- Speed Dialing: This feature helps you save time (and a little space in your memory, as well). You will be able to save multiple phone numbers which can be called just by pressing the assigned button for each phone number.
- Hands Free Calling: Keeps your hands free for multi-tasking.
- Redial: Press one button and you will be connected to the last phone number dialed on the telephone pad.
- Caller ID: Lets you know who is calling by giving you the telephone number or the caller’s info even before you pick up the phone.
These are just a few but important features of small business phone systems you can use to make your business grow.
Trust your Hamilton IT support team at Solve-IT to help you with selecting the right phone system for your business. Contact us before you make your final decision.