Sometimes finding what you are looking for when performing an online search seems impossible, but remember, it is not. With these three unbelievably simple tips, you can certainly find what you are looking for:
- Keep it simple: The first unbelievably simple tip for getting accurate results is simple, keep the keywords simple. Use only a few words or phrases, make sure they are good enough and you are bound to get relevant results.
- Learn about Boolean: You have probably already done this. Using terms like “and,” “not” and “or” in your online searches to include or exclude the terms you are looking for can get you better results. And don’t forget to do some math. You can use pluses or minuses and you can even use quotation marks. For example, if you would like get a particular term in your search results, you can simply type a “ ” before the term while conducting the search. For excluding the term, you will have to keep a “-“ before the unwanted term.
- Be precise: Being precise is a sure-fire way to find what you are looking for. Don’t use broad phrases or you will end up with thousands of results which are not even close to what you are trying to find. Instead use quotation marks for the exact phrase you are looking for.
So, the next time you are performing an online search, keep in mind these three simple tips and find what you are looking for in an instant.
Your Hamilton IT support team at Solve-IT are here to help you get the most out of your IT. Helping our clients is not always focused on technical issues but sometimes “how to” questions. Feel free to contact us at anytime to discuss how we can help your Hamilton business with all of your technology needs.
Recently I have been onslaught with the latest generation of rogue anti-virus. When I run a series of system sweepers against the PC, the end result is that the rogue is no longer present but the user’s profile is still corrupted. When you log on as the local admin or domain admin, both uncorrupted profiles the PC behaves in a stable fashion. I have found the fastest and most effective way around the corrupted profile is to back up the user’s current profile on the PC. Delete the profile and add it anew. Restore any user data and you are off to the races, the user/client is happy and time is not wasted on a rebuild/reload of the OS and reload of all the applications.
So far I am two for two, I will keep you appraised of what occurs along the way.
Your clients keep your business going; and unless you build strong relations with them, the chances of your business growing are almost nil. If you want your business to grow by maintaining a healthy relationship with your customers based on trust and good-will, here are five tips that will help:
- It is hard to support any relationship without keeping in touch, and your relationships with your clients are no exceptions to the rule. Stay in touch with your clients on a regular basis giving them relevant information about upcoming offers they might be interested in. Correspond with them using tailored and personal messages to make your customers feel more appreciated and focused on. There are plenty of Clients Relationship Management tools and software solutions out there that will help you create and manage relationships with your customers; but make sure you don’t bombard them with promotional messages.
- It is always easier to keep up relationships with existing customers than to create new ones. Focus on strengthening the relationship you already have with your clients. Find out clients who have been loyal to your business and make them feel special by giving them information first or sending them gifts for their birthdays or special occasions.
- If you have clients who run businesses, don’t just be a supplier for them. Change your transaction-based relationship into a partnership.
- Take it slow. Don’t except the relationship to become a strong one as soon as you have created it. Moving things too fast will make you seem as pushy and give your clients the feeling of being manipulated.
- Be honest with your clients. When dealing with your clients, be upfront and open. Hiding facts will only turn your clients skeptical.
We understand the importance of our client relationships. As your trusted Hamilton IT support professional or St. Catharine’s computer tech, we value each relationship with each client. We welcome you to test us out.