Microsoft addressed two security bulletins in May’s Patch Tuesday release. Security experts said administrators should apply the fixes immediately – because, despite their small size, they address significant threats.
Microsoft fixed a critical vulnerability affecting Windows Server and an important bug in Microsoft Office PowerPoint, according to the Patch Tuesday advisory released May 10. Microsoft also assigned separate “exploitability” scores for newer versions of the software under the “improved” exploitability index ratings.
Your Niagara computer support team at Solve-IT is already looking into all identified security flaws and addressing them. Our clients who are part of our fully managed IT support program have nothing to worry about. Interested in learning more about how we help Denver business with their day-to-day IT needs? call us today for a no obligation review of your business IT.
read more from eweek.com
Communication is extremely important for businesses. Many would argue that effective communication is what separates the great companies from those who continue to struggle. Be it networking for the growth of your business or corresponding with your customers regarding transactions, it is of vital importance that you have suitable means of communication and a communication service that you can rely on to be there when you need it.
There are many channels of communication you can use for your business, but it starts with making sure you have the right tools that allows you to communicate efficiently. Many business owners struggle with finding the right phone system to meet their needs. Selecting a phone system can be a confusing and difficult decision for many. After all, there are many options for you to choose from, phone systems like PBX (Private Branch Exchange), KSU (Key System Unit), and also the KSU Less Systems. Before you leap, you should know a few of the useful features for each that will be of advantage to your business. Some of them have been mentioned below:
- Voicemail: If nobody is around to pick up the phone, this feature saves important messages and info from your callers. So, you won’t have to worry about missing that important phone call.
- Integration with Microsoft Exchange Server: This is becoming very important; have your voicemails emailed to your smartphone, and Microsoft Outlook inbox will ensure you can respond quickly to urgent messages.
- Presence: This is another area in communication that is moving ahead rapidly. Seeing when others are online, in meetings or out of the office will allow you to communicate in the most efficient manner, including phone, email or instant messaging.
- Conference Calling: This feature lets you hold conferences with remote employees or customers who are miles away.
- Multiple Lines or Call Waiting: With this feature, your business will be able to take multiple calls at the same time. And if not available, you can also use the call waiting feature that clears the phone line to accommodate each caller.
- Call Attendant: Transfers calls to a different extension to direct the call to the department or person.
- Speed Dialing: This feature helps you save time (and a little space in your memory, as well). You will be able to save multiple phone numbers which can be called just by pressing the assigned button for each phone number.
- Hands Free Calling: Keeps your hands free for multi-tasking.
- Redial: Press one button and you will be connected to the last phone number dialed on the telephone pad.
- Caller ID: Lets you know who is calling by giving you the telephone number or the caller’s info even before you pick up the phone.
These are just a few but important features of small business phone systems you can use to make your business grow.
Trust your Hamilton IT support team at Solve-IT to help you with selecting the right phone system for your business. Contact us before you make your final decision.
Recently I have been onslaught with the latest generation of rogue anti-virus. When I run a series of system sweepers against the PC, the end result is that the rogue is no longer present but the user’s profile is still corrupted. When you log on as the local admin or domain admin, both uncorrupted profiles the PC behaves in a stable fashion. I have found the fastest and most effective way around the corrupted profile is to back up the user’s current profile on the PC. Delete the profile and add it anew. Restore any user data and you are off to the races, the user/client is happy and time is not wasted on a rebuild/reload of the OS and reload of all the applications.
So far I am two for two, I will keep you appraised of what occurs along the way.
Your clients keep your business going; and unless you build strong relations with them, the chances of your business growing are almost nil. If you want your business to grow by maintaining a healthy relationship with your customers based on trust and good-will, here are five tips that will help:
- It is hard to support any relationship without keeping in touch, and your relationships with your clients are no exceptions to the rule. Stay in touch with your clients on a regular basis giving them relevant information about upcoming offers they might be interested in. Correspond with them using tailored and personal messages to make your customers feel more appreciated and focused on. There are plenty of Clients Relationship Management tools and software solutions out there that will help you create and manage relationships with your customers; but make sure you don’t bombard them with promotional messages.
- It is always easier to keep up relationships with existing customers than to create new ones. Focus on strengthening the relationship you already have with your clients. Find out clients who have been loyal to your business and make them feel special by giving them information first or sending them gifts for their birthdays or special occasions.
- If you have clients who run businesses, don’t just be a supplier for them. Change your transaction-based relationship into a partnership.
- Take it slow. Don’t except the relationship to become a strong one as soon as you have created it. Moving things too fast will make you seem as pushy and give your clients the feeling of being manipulated.
- Be honest with your clients. When dealing with your clients, be upfront and open. Hiding facts will only turn your clients skeptical.
We understand the importance of our client relationships. As your trusted Hamilton IT support professional or St. Catharine’s computer tech, we value each relationship with each client. We welcome you to test us out.